New Year's resolutions

it's that time of year again.


we start thinking about making resolutions. 


but what are we really doing? what are we really telling ourselves?


we start thinking of all these ways to "better ourselves" because a new year means a fresh start. what is wrong with the way we are now? what is wrong with the way the past year shaped us? can't we give a "hell yes" to how far we've come, to what we've accomplished?


maybe I really like my sarcastic mouth. my mom pooch. or the absurd amount of time it takes me to say sorry because I have to learn the lesson in my own time and that amount of time is apparently longer than it takes most!


I'm not bashing those who make a new resolution every year, I am a huge fan of setting goals, manifesting, and even creating some habits (check out January's Self-Care Club!). what I am not a fan of is making unattainable goals because when it boils down to it, subconsciously (or consciously) we don't love the person we are. 


here's the thing. it takes about 66 days for a new behavior to become a habit. speaking for myself...ain't no one got time for that. I mean at least not a big ass goal such as losing 100 pounds or starting to exercise daily. it's too daunting to think about. not to mention the (more) pressure it puts on our already pressured selves.


so start small.


below is a list of realistic, TANGIBLE goals that when done, you'll want to do them again. and in return, you have a better chance making them into habits. and even more important, liking the person you are right now, at this moment in time.





print this list out. tape it where you'll see it daily, stick it in the front of your journal, hang it next to your vision board.

these are totally doable things that you can start now or six months from now. whenever you're ready to start making tiny promises to yourself 

just remember, you can't grow if you don't move!

-carissa





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 3 Self-Care Tips

Signs You Need to Slow Down

Frozen Pizza